Monday, September 19, 2016

MFT Stamps: You Could be a Card Design Superstar Contest 2016!

Card #2:

This card was started first, and it got delayed just because I needed to get some fun foam to prop up the top layer.  I really wanted to pair the Bionic Bots Stamp Set and the Die-namics Stitched Star STAX, both by MFT Stamps.  The star STAX then inspired me to grab some glitter from my local scrapbooking store (I was officially enabled!).  Since I haven't ever used glitter nor double-sided adhesive, I searched out the MFT Camp Create - Glitzy Glitter video for some tips (link).  It took 2 trys :D

This card took some time to navigate in composure and colour.  Since I do not own copics, I dug out my distress ink pads and watercoloured two of my Bionic Bots and fussy-cut them out.


I wanted to use multiple stars on the card, most particularly the largest, but it doesn't fit on a typical card size.  So offsetting it, I was able to get that huge star on the card!  And I glittered the middle one for some blingy effects.


Finally, after some humming and hawing, I changed up the colour, changed the sentiment banner, and glued it all together.  Taddah!


A close-up of the dimension and bling…


No comments: